Become a volunteer
Volunteers of the headquarters form an integral part of the employee teams. Requirements relate more especially to administrative work: filling envelopes, preparing stands, updating address lists, making telephone calls, preparing transmissions etc
To be a volunteer, you have to find what you want to do and be happy doing it: in French the word for volunteer is bénévole, bene (good) vole (want): somebody who wants to do good and who therefore feels good. For the Jérôme Lejeune Foundation to work, we need regular and loyal volunteers and the ability to know that every task entrusted to them will be carried out.
JOIN THE JÉRÔME LEJEUNE FOUNDATION NETWORK IN THE FIELD
Regional representatives are regularly on the lookout for volunteers. Recruiting takes place according to needs and can concern different assignments: relations with local council members, schools, parishes, temples, associations, listening, social aid
PARTICIPATING IN RESEARCH
At the Paris headquarters of the Jérôme Lejeune Foundation, volunteers trained and supervised by the research team are put in charge of scientific documentation and digitising assignments …
TELEPHONE LISTENING ON A TOLL-FREE NUMBER: 0 800 03 2121
At the association's Paris headquarters, the "Numéro Vert" (toll-free number) volunteers listen, support, advise and help adults (family, neighbours, people near them) who are involved in cases of pregnancies with a child diagnosed as having Down syndrome.
MONITORING DONATOR FILES
At the Donations and Legacies Department in Paris, 37 rue des volontaires 75015 Paris, volunteers trained and supervised by the Donations and Legacies team, are responsible for monitoring donations and answering donors,….
PARTICIPATING IN COMMUNICATION
At the Foundation headquarters in Paris, volunteers get the opportunity of devoting their activities to the communication Department, carrying through various assignments involved in the promotion of the Jérôme Lejeune Foundation and in managing campaign feedback,…
PARTICIPATING IN INSTITUTIONAL COMMUNICATION
In Paris at 37 rue des volontaires 75015 Paris, benevolent members have the opportunity of investing into the institutional communication Department, accomplishing various assignments related to general public mobilisation campaigns,…
PATRONAGE AND QUEST FOR PARTNERS
For various operations and events (EuropAffiche, equestrian show, etc) the Jérôme Lejeune Foundation is looking for volunteers experienced in communication and business development in order to carry out partner prospecting and follow-up.
MONITORING LEGACIES AND DONATIONS
At the Donations and Legacies Department in Paris, 37 rue des volontaires 75015 Paris, volunteers are trained and supervised by the Donations and Legacies team, responsible for monitoring legacies and donations.
Apply to become a volunteer
volunteer agree to:
- Adhere to our charter,
- Attend a "training/information” session by the Jérôme Lejeune Foundation,
- Attend regularly according to a choice made in agreement with the Jérôme Lejeune Foundation,
- Work under the responsibility of the Foundation referee,
- Comply with the organisation defined by the Department in which the member works,
- Notify Olivier Roubaud (+33 (0)1 44 49 73 42 / +33 (0)6 14 46 01 53) very quickly in the event of unexpected absence or lateness, not allowing presence on a given day,
- Maintain professional secrecy,
- Be discreet about private life within the Jérôme Lejeune Foundation.
This commitment is valid for one year and is renewed by tacit agreement.
The Jérôme Lejeune agrees to:
- Welcome and consider the volunteer with as much attention as a partner,
- Give him or her clear information about the information about the Jérôme Lejeune Foundation, its goals and operation within its mission,
- Entrust to him or her a suitable activity accordingly to his or her request,
- Ensure training and accompaniment by a competent supervisor: the referee,
- Help him or her become part of the team and develop within it,
- Provide the necessary reassurance.
The volunteer agrees to:
- Accept the principles of the Jérôme Lejeune Foundation and conform to its goals,
- Feel responsible and contribute to the promotion and development of the Jérôme Lejeune Foundation,
- Act seriously, discreetly and regularly in the activity chosen together,
- Co-operate with an approach to mutual understanding with the other volunteer and employees,
- Regularly undertake the proposed training actions.